Friday, August 31, 2012

JOURNEY OF THE SECOND HALF

What marked the last two decades of my working life were airports, hotels and business meetings in faraway places. I had spent the first five years working for multinational corporations before delving into the exciting world of business. I joined the trading business which Connie and her brother had set up. My role as Director of Business Development meant that I had to bring existing products to new countries and new products to existing countries. As a result, I had the opportunity to develop business and friendships all over Asia and Europe. I burn the air miles having to service the agents and business partners in the various countries as well as countries which I have never been to but had much potential. There was something exciting about all this and I enjoyed it to a certain extent.

Connie and I would often look at how fast our children were growing up and realize how they would soon have their own lifes. Funny how this thought never arose when they were learning to walk or when we were frantically changing diapers amidst cries from attention deficit siblings. Instead, now when they are at the door of adolescence just before they take off to college we ask what would it be like for us? Is this what they call mid-life crisis?
One thing that has remained constant in my life since I was 9 years old is my faith in Jesus Christ. As my understanding of what a relationship with Jesus meant, I grew fonder of my faith. I grew to realize that grace meant I can come to Christ in my weakest and most broken moments. It was not about how good I was but how loving He was. This constant was what drove me in most of what I did; my family life, my business, my relationships and my future. It is this faith which has taken me to the next step of my life.


Early this year, 2012, I embarked on a journey unknowing of where it will take me. I entered a seminary as a student in order to study the Bible full time. I have always wanted to study the Bible in a seminary part time but knew I could not juggle all that was on my plate. I do not know what the next 20 years of my adult life would hold (God willing that amount of time) but I know that whatever I have accumulated over the last 20 years will culminate in something significant. Whatever experience I have received and lessons learnt will prepare me for the next phase of life. Like a sojourner going off to the distant hills carrying his kungFu, clothes and staff.


Do you ever get the feeling you are at the door of something significant but don’t know what to expect? This is it - a journey of faith and excitement. I know I am exactly where I ought to be for now and I will see where this road leads me to. Whatever it may be….. I have my faith, my family and my life lessons to carry with me.

9 comments:

oakleyses said...

chanel handbags, tory burch outlet, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, polo outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, louboutin pas cher, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, christian louboutin uk, nike outlet, nike free run, kate spade outlet, jordan shoes, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors pas cher, nike air max, ugg boots, nike free, longchamp pas cher, air max, replica watches, uggs on sale, sac longchamp pas cher, christian louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren, oakley sunglasses, jordan pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, burberry pas cher, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, nike roshe, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, prada handbags, gucci handbags, replica watches

oakleyses said...

ferragamo shoes, asics running shoes, giuseppe zanotti outlet, bottega veneta, lancel, timberland boots, chi flat iron, soccer jerseys, instyler, herve leger, insanity workout, nike huaraches, vans, hollister, nike air max, gucci, ray ban, oakley, lululemon, p90x workout, baseball bats, babyliss, hollister clothing, ghd hair, nike air max, mont blanc pens, valentino shoes, north face outlet, soccer shoes, ralph lauren, celine handbags, hollister, longchamp uk, nike roshe run, vans outlet, mcm handbags, abercrombie and fitch, nfl jerseys, jimmy choo outlet, wedding dresses, louboutin, beats by dre, new balance shoes, reebok outlet, north face outlet, hermes belt, converse outlet, nike trainers uk, mac cosmetics, iphone cases

Unknown said...

watches for men
balance shoes
chi hair
burberry sale
nfl jerseys
nike blazer
juicy couture outlet
ray ban sunglasses
adidas shoes
pandora uk
2017.12.13chenlixiang

tamer said...


شركة تنظيف كنب بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالجبيل
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف واجهات زجاجية بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف واجهات زجاجية بالقطيف
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف كنب بالقطيف
___________________

shaimaa sami said...

شركة تكريب النخيل بجدة
شركة تركيب شبوك بالرياض

Shaimaa Elsadek said...

شركة مكافحة البق بالبكيرية
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالبكيرية
شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالبكيرية
شركة مكافحة الفئران بالبكيرية
شركة رش مبيدات بالبكيرية

Mai said...

المغربي
تصميم ملاعب بدبى
تركيب شلالات صناعية في الشارقة
خدمات المغربي

deraz said...

موقع المحترفون
أعمال سباكة وصرف صحى بدبى
أفضل سباك بدبى

adm said...



شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
شركة تنظيف واجهات بالرياض